Based in Vancouver, BC, Canada
February 28, 2017
For The King is a Procedural Turn-Based RPG that features Solo and Co-op play. Featuring a blend of Roguelike, Boardgame and JRPG Combat mechanics, For The King has a unique feel and aesthetic. Players must survive cunning enemies and creatures, wicked weather and brutal traps in their quest to solve the mysterious death of the king and bring order to the land.
For The King raised over $130,000 in its successful Kickstarter campaign during the summer of 2015. Initially designed as a boardgame created by Lead Designer Colby Young, For The King retains the strategic boardgame vibe while adding procedural worlds, JRPG combat, and roguelike elements. For The King can be played solo or local and online co-op.
- Solo or Online Co-op - Control your own party or play with up to 3 people online. Travel and fight together or dare to set off on your own.
- Challenging Roguelike Adventure - A highly re-playable, unforgiving adventure designed to keep you guessing and on the edge of your seat.
- Turn Based Combat - A classic battle style with a unique slot and proficiency system. Choose your attack type, spend focus points, use items, and activate special abilities to defeat your foes.
- Living World - New challenges and horrors emerge at different times of day. Encounter weather and natural events that have a variety of effects, both good and bad.
- Procedurally Crafted Map - The map, realms, and locations you encounter are different every play through. A unique set of fascinating locations will force you to adapt your play style every game.
- Persistent Lore - Collect lore and spend it at the town libraries to build a unique game experience. Unlock persistent game mechanics in the order of your choosing.
- Dungeons - Unique dungeons will require new strategies every time you play. Encounter deadly traps, enemies, and legendary treasure in unexpected ways.
- Persistent Weapon Crafting - Collect unusual resources and rare weapon recipes to craft powerful weapons over multiple playthroughs.
- Item, trinkets, curiosities - Find many different objects and items to use along the way. Some helpful and some come with a cost...
Teaser Trailer YouTube
For The King Gameplay Trailer YouTube
Logo & Icon
There are currently no logos or icons available for For The King. Check back later for more or contact us for specific requests!
The original soundtrack from the Teaser Trailer at soundcloud.com.
About IronOak Games
IronOak Games is an independent video game developer based in Vancouver, BC. Founded by industry veterans with multiple shipped titles under our belt, our goal is to revive classic gameplay mechanics with modern designs and features. We're currently hard at work on our first title, a rogue-like multi-player RPG with some unique persistent elements.
More information on IronOak Games, our logo & relevant media are available here.
For The King Credits
Game Design, IronOak Games
Code, IronOak Games
Art, IronOak Games
Story, IronOak Games
Concept Art, Freelancer